Be the best you can be at Eisugakkan
Eisugakkan Mission Statement
Eisugakkan Elementary, Junior and Senior High Schools cultivate students who are confident, compassionate and globally-minded. Students are inspired to pursue their dreams and contribute positively to the local and wider communities of the world. Through an active learning environment, students are challenged and supported to reach their full potential. Every student will acquire the skills and attitudes needed to achieve excellence and success throughout their lives.
Eisugakkan Junior and Senior High School
is an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme authorised school. IB World Schools share a common philosophy – a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision. The IB Diploma Programme is the premier university matriculation program for entry into leading universities around the world and is available to study at Eisugakkan in both English and Japanese taught by subject specialists at native speaker level in both languages. At Eisugakkan we aspire to be at the forefront of best educational practices internationally and studying at Eisugakkan represents a great opportunity for students of all nations to gain entry into top universities around the world and become excellent communicators in English and Japanese in a safe and stimulating environment.
What is International Baccalaureate?
The International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) is a non-profit educational institution founded in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1968, with the aim of fostering young people who are inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring to contribute to the creation of a better and more peaceful world through the spirit of understanding and respect for diverse cultures. UNESCO works with government agencies and foundations in many countries. The IB offers three main age-appropriate programs:
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) 3-12 years old
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) 11-16 years old
- Diploma Programme (DP) 16-19 years old※This school implements English and Japanese.
IBDP Certified Schools
The International Baccalaurate Diploma Program (abbreviated IBDP) at Eisugakkan is an innovative program that not only motivates and grows students, but can actually produce results.
It encourages high-level academic development and the development of individual qualities. As of August 1, 2016, the unique, challenging, student-focused IB programme has been implemented at 4631 schools in more than 140 countries around the world. In the IBDP, students can learn not only in a world-class educational system, but also in a unique cultural environment. In other words, the educational focus of IBDP is not just on learning, but on what can be done using knowledge and skills. For students with diverse backgrounds, high aspirations, and enthusiasm, Eisugakkan offers excellent opportunities to learn in a global environment.
IB Learner Profile
The image of the international Baccalaureate learner embodies the “mission of the IB” and plays a central role in the IB’s answer to the question, “What does it mean to have an international perspective?” Specifically, the following 10 personalities are presented.
Key features of the Eisugakkan IB Diploma Programme
- IB Diploma Programme: recognised as the preferred university matriculation course for many of the top universities around the world.
- IB Programme in English or a mixture of English and Japanese.
- Scholarship available for studying in IB Diploma Programme.
- Authentic immersion environment in English and Japanese with native English-speaking instructors.
- Small classes to maximize learning potential.
- Safe, secure, and supportive learning environment.
- On-campus housing
- Possibility of life-long friendships with students from around the world
Many interesting school clubs to join.
- Choice of entrance into of a wide-range of international universities after graduation or matriculation into one of our affiliated Kake Educational Institution universities in Japan.
IB Diploma Programme Subject Choices from Year 11
- English A: Language & Literature HL-SL
- Japanese A: Language & Literature HL-SL
- Other Language A: Literature SL (self-taught option)
- English B: HL-SL / Ab Initio SL
- Japanese B: HL-SL / Ab Initio SL
- Biology: HL-SL
- Physics: HL-SL
- HL = Higher Level (5 lessons per week) / SL = Standard Level (4 lessons per week)
- Group 3,4,5 subjects are available to study in English (IBE) and Japanese (IBJ) apart from Physics. Group 6 Visual Arts is available in English only.
Eisugakkan Dormitories − Communal, Safe, Academic
The Eisugakkan dormitories offer a comfortable and structured environment for your child to maximize their academic potential. From the first year of junior high school, students are allowed to stay in the dormitories. There are separate buildings for boys and girls and both follow the same schedule as follows;
- 7:20: Head-count, dorms opened
- 8:45: Dormitories locked for the school day
- 16:30: Dormitories reopened
- 21:00: Head-count and cleaning
- 23:00: Lights out
In the evening, there is always a supervisor available at the dormitory office for students to discuss any issues with. The dorms are quite affordable, and offer a safe and comfortable environment for about half the usual cost of a single-room apartment. Both the boys’ and girls’ dormitories are located on-campus, each less than 200 meters from the junior/senior high school building.
Dormitory fees and facilities
- MONTHLY RENT (Including WATER/GAS/ELECTRICITY) ￥25,000
- MEAL PLAN (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) ￥43,000
- The boys’ and girls’ dormitories are in separate locations on the campus
Dormitories are fully supervised at all times.
- All rooms have facilities for single-person accommodation including air-conditioning and basic furniture, including a desk, chair, wardrobe and bed.
- Showers and toilets are communal.
- Washing machines and dryers are freely available for student use.
- Each dorm facility has a common room, with a television, games, communal refrigerator, and books freely available for students to use during scheduled hours.
- Free Internet service is provided in individual rooms.
- Students contribute to the dorm community by assisting with the cleaning of common areas.
- In addition to the fees listed above, students who elect to stay in the dorms should budget for personal supplies, such as soap, shampoo and laundry detergent. These can be purchased at the local supermarket 800 meters away from the school, where there is also a 100-yen store.
- Dormitories are closed for approximately one week over the summer and winter holidays, so students will need to either return home or find alternative supervised accommodation during those periods.
Study and pastoral care support
- Regular safety seminars are held for students throughout the year, covering such topics as Fire Safety, Road Safety and Internet Safety.
- Health care room available on the campus.
- Secure campus with gates, security cameras and a guard person on duty.
- Students have access to a Counsellor on the campus.
- Dormitory students are provided with supervised study time 3 evenings per week.
- Students are provided with effective time-management, examination preparation and homework structure as part of the school scheduling.
- Students are provided with regular formative feedback assessments to monitor progress and support strategies are initiated according to individual needs.
There are various cultural and athletic clubs available and many Eisugakkan students spend time after school involved in club activities. We value the balance between academic and extracurricular activities. The clubs available for high school students included the following:
Art・English Club・Calligraphy・Photography・Science・Tea ceremony・Technology・Manga
Entrance fees and tuition 2020
School Fees Y10-Y12
- Entrance Fee (once) ￥200,000
- Tuition (monthly) ￥85,000
- Diploma Programme Fee Y11-Y12 ¥300,000 per annum
Application process and key dates
Fukuyama City Information
Kake Educational Institution Group Network
Kake Group consists of 7 educational institutions and 30 schools throughout Japan. We share the same school philosophy to educate students who can contribute to the world as global citizens. Using this network, students can have academic and specialised learning experiences in the affiliated schools, universities and colleges of Kake Group.
Okayama University of Science
Located in Okayama prefecture, OUS offers undergraduate classes in areas of Science, Engineering, Informatics and Biosphere-geosphere Science, and graduate classes in areas of Science, Engineering and Informatics. OUS offers Japanese language classes for international students and provides career support.
Kurashiki University of Science and the Arts
Also located in Okayama prefecture, KUSA offers three main university programs; The Arts, Science & Industrial Technology, and Life Science. These are offered at both undergraduate and graduate levels. The Media and Visual Art Department also offers Manga and Anime courses for aspiring manga writers.
Chiba Institute of Science
Located in Chiba prefecture, Kanto area, CIS offers the Faculties of Pharmacy, and Risk and Crisis Management both at undergraduate and graduate levels, and the Faculty of Nursing at undergraduate level.